Several of our Brown Belts (Ikkyu) will be testing for Black Belt in about three weeks. Training at this point becomes more intense – physically, mentally and spiritually.
Students learn three forms of defense in Grace Martial Arts classes –
- Firstly, students acquire Christ-Defense, together with relational, Biblical life-skills. Our challenge is to lead students to know the Lord and His Word so well that they will readily employ Biblical principles and will make wise lifestyle choices.
- Secondly, students acquire Mental-Defense that builds Godly character and confidence and strengthens disciplined direction for student’s lives and education.
- Thirdly, students acquire Physical-Defense with a maximum efficiency of self-defense skill and advanced kinetic movement principles for optimal health and well-being. (Yon C’huan Martial Arts Black Belt Study Guide With Scriptures)
The Word of God is of the highest importance in training for a Black Belt in Grace Martial Arts classes. Our Black Belts instruct students physically, mentally and spiritually.
Grace Martial Arts teaches Christian family values, directly related to Biblical principles. Our Black Belt instructors accomplish that by teaching Christian Bible lessons throughout students’ training, helping students memorize Bible verses, and emphasizing the importance of becoming “like Christ” through Christian Character training.
Each belt rank includes Scripture memory verses and Christian Character Qualities. Here are some examples –
- 10th Kyu (Ju-kyu) – White Belt – 1 John 14:6; John 3:16; Romans 3:23 … Character Qualities: Humility, Honesty, Confidence
- 9th Kyu (Ku-kyu) – Gold Belt – 1-Cor. 15:3-4; 1-John 5:13; Eph. 1:13 … Character Qualities: Discipline, Forgiving, Fellowship
- 4th Kyu(Go-kyu) – GreenBelt – John 13:34-35; 1-John 3:18; Colossian 3:23-24 …Charter Qualities: Reverent Spirit, Servant-Leader, Farsighted
- 1st Kyu (Ni-kyu) – Brown Belt – 1 – Titus 2:11-12; 1-Corinthians 13:4-6; Philippians 4:8 … Charter Qualities: Enthusiasm, Fearless, Flexibility
You can read all of the spiritual requirements for Black Belt here.
† PURPOSE †
Our ministry purpose is to provide a Christ-centered, easy-to-do, therapeutic, restorative healthcare activity that will assist a person to reach his/her optimal affective, cognitive, psychomotor and spiritual potential.